Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 30, 2014

YUP I'M ALIVE :) I am now here in California. California is great! I am serving in the Santa Clarita area. My companions name is Elder Fuller. He is from Arizona and has 7 months left in the mission. He has been such a wonderful trainer to me. He has taught so many things. He is so responsible. 

It's nice being able to talk to real people that have no idea who we are! I have experienced many slammed doors now J. It makes me sad to be rejected because I know our message can seriously change their lives, but the time will come when they will be more prepared to know more about the gospel. 

The church here is great! J We are assigned  to the Spanish branch. This Sunday there were about 25 people in attendance. I am not used to seeing such small number at church :).  I was asked to share my testimony during testimony meeting. I tried so hard to speak as well as possible, but regardless, I still sounded like a 7-year old bearing his testimony for the first time. But I have been catching on so much now!

We stayed at the assistants place for the first days because our apartment was being prepared to be opened. We moved in on Saturday! And let me tell you, we got one of the nicest apartments in the mission! It has a washer and dryer and a dish washer! The other missionaries don't have this. And we have a free gym in our area as well! :) So, I'm basically living the life! J

This past week, Elder Fuller and I didn't get any investigators or potential investigators. It kind of made me feel hopeless that no one wanted to hear our message. Well, the other day we decided prayed about where to to go contact (since we are both new to the Santa Clarita area). We felt inspired to choose a specific street. We drove to the area and it was a small apartment building complex. We knocked the doors, and, believe or not, the first person we talked to was interested in hearing more! I felt so happy inside! And then, at the next door, they were interested as well! And the next door as well! We now have 7 lesson appointments planned for this week! It was truly by listening to the spirit that we were able to find these people! I pray that they continue to grow an interest in the Church.

I hope all is well back home! I would send pictures but my camera needs to have a software downloaded and these library computers won't let you. So I'm going to but an SD card USB converter. By next week you will have pictures!

My favorite scripture:

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
(Alma 26:12)
Santa Clarita Valley, California

Email: mattias.malzl@myldsmail.net

Mailing address for letters and packages until Nov. 3, 2014:

California San Fernando Mission
Attn: Elder Mattias Malzl
23504 Lyons Avenue
Suite 107
Santa Clarita, CA 91321
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment