Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Entry 6: September 10, 2014

I am almost there! A week and a half more and I will be on my way to Argentina! I honestly can't wait! I am so ready to teach the people of Mendoza. I know that I have been assigned to this mission for a reason. I know as I continue to stay faithful, the Lord will put people in my path who need to hear the gospel. The MTC has been great, although it does get repetitive. I have learned so much here. 

One thing that really has stood out to me is loving your investigators. I have realized that I am teaching people, not lessons. I will be teaching people that have never heard anything about the gospel, and it will be so new to them. So I have come to understand that I have to be patient and loving to guide them to the straight and narrow path.  As I observe people that have rejected the gospel, I realize that most of the time it's because of how it was brought to them. Sometimes we may think we are helping them, but really we may be actually shoving it down their throats. We have to realize that we have to be patient and loving when teach the gospel. It may frustrate us that others may not understand the teaching of Jesus Christ like we do. 

I like to think of it like this: Imagine a man found a lost dog on the street. The dog is starving, covered in dirt, and feels rejected. The man takes the dog into his arms and brings the animal into his home. He loves and cares for the dog. He washes him until he is clean. He feeds him until he is well nourished. He loves the animal so it can feel loved. 

This is what I think missionary work is like. We find people who are lost, and we love and care for them. We spiritually feed them the teachings of Christ. With time and patience, they will accept the gospel and they will become a completely changed person. 

I know and testify that if we love and care for those who are lost, they will feel the love of Christ and they will crave the gospel in their lives. 

Being a missionary is being Christ like. We are teaching people, not lessons. 


Here are some pictures of the week :)


Mailing Address:


Elder Mattias Malzl
Provo MTC
2023 N. 900 E. Unit 804
Provo, UT 84602

Email:

mattias.malzl@myldsmail.net


]
The are some of the new Elders! They are both companions and so short! They have become really close friends of mine already. 


With my companion Elder Jensen at the Provo Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment