Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March 2, 2015

Hola! Todo bien en Argentina! This week was great!  We had our first baptism! :) It was so beautiful. Others told us that it was the most beautiful baptism they´ve seen! It was a pretty emotional experience. 








Yesterday we confirmed Alexis and Marvin as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and conferred the Holy Ghost. Their family couldn’t make it, so they went solo. That Sunday was testimony meeting. All the members were sharing great testimonies, and at the end Alexis got up to go share his testimony, but as soon as he got up, the bishop walked to the pulpit to conclude the meeting. :( Alexis was so bummed. But we arranged for Alexis to share his testimony next Sunday along with Elder Bayles´s farewell testimony. After the meeting, we conferred the Aaronic Priesthood upon Alexis. Next week he is going to bless the sacrament!  Wow, he is moving fast! :) Since we have such a great youth group in our ward, they all invited Alexis to do visits to the less active members tonight:)! We are working hard with him to help him get out on his mission this next year!

This Saturday it is a big possibility for us of having another baptism for another investigator of ours. Tonight she is going to make a decision. We are more than confident that she will be baptized. We are preparing a great program. We are getting ready for another musical number with a member that has a better voice to accompany us! Haha. I have made an arrangement of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and "Nearer My God to Thee". It sounds pretty nice right now. I just need to adjust a few parts. Oh, I love music so much. My love for music is hard to put into words. It’s like the feelings and emotions that are trapped inside can only be released through music. Music is what feelings sound like. 

I am doing well. We aren’t getting much sleep though. I am drinking a sleepy time tea to help me get to sleep. Last night we barely got any sleep. It might be because of the siesta – I don’t really know. But I also think maybe its because I am just thinking way to much about our investigators. It’s all I think about and it is making me feel so drained, both physically and spiritually. It hurts me so much when they drop us and make wrong decisions. I just worry about them too much. It feels like my heart breaks everyday for them. I am always thinking what I can do for them. I just don’t know how I can clear my mind at night.

Today, the Abarza family took us to the mountains for Elder Bayles´s last P-day:
















Look at this amazing drawing Elder Bayles drew of me holding a Captain America shield!

I have written a few songs.  Right now, I am writing a new one about the pioneers and about their sacrifice to come to Zion.

Thank you all for everything! Next week I will find out whether I go to a different area or if I remain in Unimev. I want to stay here. We have quite a bit of future baptisms that I need to work on. 


I love you all so much!

Elder Mattias Malzl



Mail:
Elder Mattias Malzl
ARGENTINA MENDOZA MISSION
Cabildo Abierto 161
5510 Godoy Cruz
Mendoza, ARGENTINA


No comments:

Post a Comment