Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 16, 2015

I am staying in Unimev for this transfer :) Yay! That would be four transfers! Each transfer is six weeks. My new comp is Elder Wyckoff! What a guy :) 

My new companion, Elder Wyckoff

This will be his last area and I will be his last companion. He only has five weeks left! Wow, that such little time! He is such an amazing guy! So kind, humble, genuine, loving, well everything, haha. He is such a great companion. We really work well together. I am making sure to work his butt off this transfer. We have been working nonstop to the point where we just want to take a nap on the side of the road while we are working, haha.

Good-bye Elder Bayles!

Hmmm let’s see - we had a really great miracle this week! For the longest time I have always had this one family in our area come into my head, but never had gotten around to visit them. So, on my first day with Elder Wyckoff, we decided to pass by this house to see how they are doing. When we got to their door we greeted them, and they invited us right in without any hesitation! All we said was "Hi, how are you?" and they got all excited and brought us in, served us some water, and we talked.  We ended up sharing a really powerful lesson of the restoration. This spirit was insanely powerful. We invited them to read The Book of Mormon and to pray if it was true. They promised to do so. They then asked us if we can give them a tour of the church building. So, this week we will work with them a lot.

When we came to church, an hermano came up to us with a super surprised look on his face. He told us: "Elders, I heard that you went to my parent’s and my sister’s house and taught them! How did you do that??" We were a little confused, as mentioned earlier, as this family had literally invited us into their house without any hesitation. The hermano continued: "For years, I have sent missionaries to their house, but they never, never, never, ever have let them in, let alone teach them. You are the first missionaries to have done so – ever! Thank you so much, it means so much to me!" Hearing these words from him really touched my heart. We have come to learn that it was truly a miracle that we were allowed to enter their house and teach them. We are going to work hard with them so that the Hermano in our ward can have a more united family. 


I love you all so much,

Elder Malzl 

Mail:
Elder Mattias Malzl
ARGENTINA MENDOZA MISSION
Cabildo Abierto 161
5510 Godoy Cruz

Mendoza, ARGENTINA

No comments:

Post a Comment