Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April 6, 2015

I am finally enjoying a bit cooler weather! I think I’m good from hot weather for the next year haha.

Yesterday we had interviews with president! He asked me how long I have been in my area. I said six months and he was shocked haha! I guess he didn’t know. But he told me: " Well, I can surely promise you that you next comp will definitely not be as experienced as your current comp." I am not sure what that really means, but we’ll see in two weeks!  My companion, Elder Wyckoff will be ending his mission this transfer and will be returning home to Holladay, Utah. 

This last week, we didn’t have much success :/.  Just knocking, knocking, and knocking. It gets discouraging at times, haha. Last night literally nobody opened the door. Like really?   

General conference was great, though!  Ihave really learned to love it now since I have been on my mission. Sadly, the attendance at the stake center was insanely small. It was only the missionaries and not so many members. That is not okay. Especially for being the Stake Center where all the wards in the zone can go to watch conference. The gringos had their own little English room. We watched it on a small TV. :) 

While I was watching priesthood session I was thinking of Papa watching as well, so it could feel like being with him. We also ended up getting ice cream and a burger for traditions sake, haha.



This conference has put a lot of emphasis on the family and teaching children the gospel. The family is so important to God’s eternal plan. The best place to apply the Gospel is within the family. I cannot wait for the day when I can have my own family. I want to teach my children how to hear the music of the Holy Ghost. I feel content with taking on the title of a father. I have really never understood the importance of family until I came on my mission. 

I love you all so much!

Elder Mattias Malzl


Mail:
Elder Mattias Malzl
ARGENTINA MENDOZA MISSION
Cabildo Abierto 161
5510 Godoy Cruz
Mendoza, ARGENTINA 



My companion, Elder Wykoff at Maipu Plaza

Maipu Plaza


Elder Wykoff all giddy about his Kinder Supresa!

No comments:

Post a Comment