Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 27, 2015

Well here I am!  I have been tranferred to San Juan, Progreso! And, oh em gee.... this area is so huge. It is literally the size of a country! I thought Unimev was huge. No, Unimev is like a little speck compared to Progreso. Here is a link to see what its like. 


We are working alot in the campo (fields). It will probably take me the whole transfer to get to know this area. We have to take buses everywhere. It is way expensive to be taking buses everywhere, but oh well, haha. Well, my new companion Elder Poot is a freaking capo (STUD)! He just finished his training and works super hard. He is a clean tidy guy, which makes me happy because now the apartment is always clean! :)  We get along great :)!  I am really happy to have a latin companion now, so I can perfect my spanish! Yay! 

The people of San Juan are something else. They are sooooo open and very kind! As we started working here I thought that we must have entered the promised land!  But really though, the people are so receptive and are really open. 

Here is a cool experience and story to share: Well, we have these new investigators, a Bolivian family that had recently moved here. The live super far in our area, so it takes a good, long bus ride and walking to get there. They are in the process of building a little mud and brick house in the middle of nowhere, but when we arrived at their little house under construction, they were already prepared with Coca Cola and all :)!  We taught them about the restoration of the gospel and invited them to Church. To be frank, I did not imagine that they would actually make the effort to travel soooo far just to attend church for a few hours. But, to my suprise, on Sunday, they all came! That blew my mind, hah. They don't have much money, so they came in really dirty old clothes and all. Everyone welcomed them and loved them. After Church they told us how much they loved it and that they want to know if they could attend the temple dedication in Cordoba! WHOA! Well, I believe one has to be a member with a recomendation to attend, but this is a super great goal we will encourage them to strive for. To get them baptized before the temple dedication so they can attend! They are really such a great humble family. 

I am loving the mission so much! We have noches de hogar set up throughout the whole week! So I will be presenting a lot of light shows :) 

I am so happy my family was able to meet Elder Bayles in Utah.  He was a great companion of mine and I will miss him and all the great experiences we had together. 

Be faithful to the Lord, and that is what will guide you throughout your lives. Never forget that if we first seek the kingdom of God, all of our needs will be given unto us. I love you so much. I love hearing about you and your lives!

Much Love, 

Elder Mattias Malzl


Mail:
Elder Mattias Malzl
ARGENTINA MENDOZA MISSION
Cabildo Abierto 161
5510 Godoy Cruz
Mendoza, ARGENTINA 

No comments:

Post a Comment