Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

Okay I don’t have much time at all to email, but I will try my best :)So, it has been an amazing week! J We started it off by having a Noche De Hogar (Family Home Evening) with a new investigator family we found. When we planned it out with them, we didn’t expect that they would be so serious about having the Noche De Hogar. But, I guess word has gone around that I give cool light shows. When we arrived to their house we found that they had invited all their family! Their grandparents, cousins, and all!  This house was packed! I gave a light show as usual, after which we shared the message of the restoration! They all loved it and we were able to find a ton more investigators through this experience J.  We will be trying to schedule some baptism dates with them this week :)

Haha, my birthday was great! Familia Arbaza invited us over for lunch. To my surprise they had the whole house decorated for us! I got a little emotional seeing how much this family loves us. They made ricissimo tortas (yummy cakes) for us! Elder Bayles is completing a year on his mission, so the celebration was for him as well! 








Then they made me change my clothes, close my eyes, and walk outside... Then they all started throwing eggs and flower and herbs at me!!!!! I was all like WHAT THE HECK????!?! Then things escalated and the family started throwing water around and they started throwing everyone including the grandma in the pool! Except us, as we are missionaries! But they still managed to completely soak Elder Bayles with water, hahaha!
But, wow, what a week! On Sunday we went to go pick up two of our investigators for church! Their mother was all ready as well, but she was saddened to find out that she had to stay back and watch the house... But both of her sons loved church! We actually brought one of them along to a baptism of the other Elders. It turned out that our mission president and his assistants were there. So, our investigator met our mission president and they talked for while. Our president was surprised to see how much our investigator knew about the Church J. After the baptism, our investigator shared with us that he the had loved it and had felt at peace. He also said he would like to serve a mission! WHOO HOO! This was amazing and beautiful.
I hope you all try to find opportunities to help one another. “Be Love!”

Elder Mattias Malzl







This is the street where we live.






No comments:

Post a Comment