Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 13, 2014

Thank you for praying that we would find a new investigator. Because guess what, this week we got three new investigators!! We are going teach one of them tonight :) I'm so excited. All is well over here. I love it here! And I love all the people I meet. I'm so blessed to be out here. I have learned a lot here this week. 

The other day I went on an exchange with another Elder (Elder Bagley) and we drove down to a city called Pacoima. It is such a cool area!! Pure Latinos there! Everyone was out on the streets having their fiestas, cooking food and such. Elder Bagley and I had a scheduled dinner but they ended up not being able to feed us. So, Elder Bagley just went up to to random Latinos and simply complimented the smell of the food. They appreciated it and offered us food! We ate sooooo much!!!! Haha, I love how expressive and giving they are here. It was great. 

We stopped by one of his recent converts’ house. The boy is only 9 years old!  He is such an energetic wild boy! But he understands the gospel so well. I found out that he is the only one in his family who had been taking lessons! This amazed me. This boy is so innocent. It touched me that he desired to have the gospel. He always tries to come to church but has no one that will take him. We, as missionaries can't give him rides. I wish we could. He was baptized only a few months ago. He loves God, Jesus Christ, the scriptures and Joseph Smith so much. I wish I was like him when I was nine years old. 


Well, that was just a very little update on what's been happening! I love you very much and wish the best for you.

Until November 3rd, send letters and packages to:
Elder Mattias Malzl
18341 Oakmont Dr. #716
Santa Clarita, CA 91387

Email:
mattias.malzl@myldsmail.net



No comments:

Post a Comment