Wednesday, June 8, 2016


This week was a good one! My companion, Elder Larsen is a great, genuine guy! We worked a lot with members and getting to know everyone personally. This Sunday we were sitting in the Spanish branch sacrament meeting when during the middle of it, I got pulled out of the meeting and was told that the bishop of the English ward felt inspired to ask me give a last minuet talk/testimony. I was surprised and felt a bit nervous. So as I was waiting my turn to speak, I was praying so hard for the spirit to guide me through this. When my turn came, I shared my story about my mission experience so far. It lasted about 15 min and to be honest I don't remember hardly any of it that I said. But afterwards, the English ward members were all coming up to me saying how my story has given them the inspiration to have more faith in God and to trust in him and move forward with faith.  I'm grateful that I prayed for the Spirit to be with me.

Heavenly Father guides us to those needing to hear the gospel. While being out here in San Jose, I have witnessed that come to pass in several instances. I will share our most recent experience with you: 

We went to ward BBQ this last weekend and we were visiting with members, when a Sister asked us to come to her car to help carry some water jugs. As we are going to her car, we were approached by a Latino man. He asked what church we were from, we told we are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints also known as Mormons. He proceeded asking us if he could have a card with our number. He shared with us that he has had a drinking problem for a while now and how he and his wife are both looking for a church to join so they can change their lives. He has a family with three kids. Elder Larsen and I were both surprised on how this man came out of nowhere and approached us. It's funny, as right before the BBQ I was getting frustrated about not having much success with finding people to teach. But before we had left the apartment, we prayed that we would be able to find a family to teach. God has  answered that prayer. I will keep you updated.

I have many more stories to share with you, but that’s for another day.  I am really enjoying the mission and I am grateful that I am able to serve the Lord fulltime.

I hope everyone is doing well!  I miss you all and I love you very much!
  

Elder Mattias Malzl









No comments:

Post a Comment