Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November 10, 2014

I am in Mendoza, Argentina right now and it has been such an awesome adventure!  Aaah, Argentina is amazing!!

I arrived here a few days ago on Tuesday, Nov. 4th.  We set up an apartment with some other Elders, we ate dinner with the President. Super sweet, super awesome.  The next day we got assigned to our companions and I was so blessed to be paired with Elder Burgos. He is my trainer and he is a super cool guy!  He doesn’t speak any English. It’s really interesting working with someone who only speaks Spanish, but it’s really good so I can learn really fast.

A little bit about what’s been happening this week: Elder Burgos and I have an investigator family. We are teaching the mother and daughter of the family.  They are wonderful people. The other day we went to her house and she was laying in her bed and her daughter was there, sitting with her.  We put on a LDS video message and she liked it a lot.  We have been visiting them and teaching them every day.  They  want to be baptized.  They look like very promising investigators. 

Their family owns a business, a paneria, where they make facturas (pastries), and they make pizza’s as well.  The other day, Elder Burgos and I worked from 3pm to 8pm just making facturas. It was such a complicated process. You have to make so much dough and put so much flour and eggs, put it into a machine, lay it out, roll it out,  flatten it, put some margarine in it, roll it up again,  put it back in a machine, then roll it again, cut it, put it on the trays, etc. It’s just a long process.  But the result is really good. Ahhh, the food here is so awesome! So good!


Anyways, it’s so awesome here.  The people here are sooo loving. Today was my first day at church, and I walked in there, and members were like: “Hola Elder! Como estas?” And they gave me hugs and everyone is giving me besos on the cheek, and all the youths, like the twelve-year olds were coming up to me, giving me hugs saying “Hi!” to me.  Oh, it felt like a family!  I really feel just so welcome here.  I love it, I love it so much!


Safest mailing address for letters:

Elder Mattias Malzl
Argentina Mendoza Mission -- POUCH 
50 East North Temple 
Salt Lake City, UT 84150 

Safest mailing address for Christmas packages:
Elder Malzl
C/O Brenda Sepulveda-Mena
Sargento Aldea #876
Villa Alemana
V Region
CHILE
(Christmas packages have to arrive in Chile by Dec. 21 and will be delivered to Elder Malzl in Argentina on Dec. 22.)

No comments:

Post a Comment